After the last post where I thought asterisk was pretty much set up, I was really disappointed to find I couldn't for the life of me get the web gui to work properly. By this time however, I knew all about how to get the zaptel driver configured and running properly, so we went back to the machine we set up following the guide here. After restoring the backup I found that the driver didn't work properly, but that was fixed by just compiling and installing it again. Then going into the asterisk command line, we still didn't have the 'zap' commands. After searching around I finally found that it was due to the asterisk people renaming everything to do with zaptel to DAHDI (Digium Asterisk Hardware Device Interface). So now that we got that working its just a question of getting the correct configurations and the correct rules set up. So, hopefully another day or two should sort it.